Team Resources & Information
BEST National Registry Training Videos
BEST Coach Support
Team Software Access
Past Championship Materials
TEAM NOTEBOOK DROPBOX
2009 National Championship Notebooks
Access to Power for Displays
- There will be no access to electricity for team display areas.
- Signs will be posted throughout game-day locations prohibiting BEST participants from certain areas of the facility. Make sure your entire group obeys these signs.
- If your team is traveling via bus, please be aware that we have limited parking so we are asking that buses park near the district office allowing smaller vehicles more immediate access to the venue.
- Medical emergencies should be reported to Registration.
- Determine one adult who will be responsible for receiving any emergency phone calls from home while your team is here. Provide that person’s cell number to parents, school officials, and others.
Equipment & Materials
- We recommend that teams label or tag ALL equipment – for table displays, oral presentations, and Pit tables. Mississippi BEST does not assume responsibility for stolen or lost equipment.
- Teams may temporarily “double-park” around the gym to unload their equipment and materials, but vehicles must have on their hazard lights while unloading. The same thing applies for loading up after the competition.
Lost and Found
- Lost and Found is located at Registration.
- The following are not allowed in game venue and will be confiscated:
- Air horns
- Bass drums
- Electrical instruments
- And similar high intensity/frequency noise-makers
- The Head Judge has the right to ban noise-makers that are deemed hearing hazards.
- Teams may not use their own audio-visual equipment in the presentations. We will provide a computer and video projector in the rooms where the presentations will be made. Teams should bring their presentation on a flash drive or burned on a CD as a backup.
- Parking spread out but plentiful. Please be courteous and mindful of others.
- Teams may post spirit banners in the game venue from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday and before the start of the competition on Saturday. Banners should be encouraging and respectful. All banners need to be taken down and thrown away at the conclusion of the event.
Team Seating in Stands
- Teams can claim seating sections on Friday. Team seating is on a “first-come, first-served” basis starting at 6 P.M. on that Friday night.